Old November 22nd 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Rabbit

Default Airbus A380 in Arizona

wrote:
Reef Fish wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Reef Fish wrote:
And Borchert said i was wrong in pointing out from the NEWS that a
test flight plane was produced in Toulouse, France.

He said Hamburg, Germany, without a shread of evidence of support.

Semantics.

[snip]
There is nothing semantics about the difference between Toulouse
and Hamburg, or the difference between France and Germany.

However, the original exchange went as such:

Any idea what this could have been? I thought all the big parts of
the 380 were being manufactured in Europe and Great Britain.

It said "I thought", the usual newsgroup speculation parlance; and
"big parts" are not exactly a technical term for any part of an
airplane
(the completely assembled plane in Toulouse was certainly the
"big part"; and finally the poster singled out Great Britain to be
NOT part of Europe?

I simply made the simple, more explicit correction:

RF In France.

Now it's oconnell's turn to speculate:

The final assembly is done in Toulouse, but the "big parts"
are produced all over Europe (and actually I believe a few
"fairly large" parts are made in the US as well).

"all over Europe"? Can you NAME the countries in Europe?
Of course there's that "I believe" newsgroup parlance for
"I don't know what I am talking about, but that doesn't keep
me from posting".

And where in the USA are those "fairly large" parts of A340 made?

-- Reef Fish Bob.