Old December 16th 03, 06:26 PM
Bob

Hi Tom,

You have a good question that didn't deserve the response you got. You are
absolutely correct that the controls have only some relationship to the
motion of the aircraft, so a motion system based purely on control input
would be a poor implementation and make the user pretty sick as well.

Here are a couple of links to have a look at. Although they don't tell you
specifically how to do implement motion control, you may be able to get some
ideas off the sites.

http://www.flightsimulator.ch/Produc.../motion_contro
l.htm

http://users.senet.com.au/~dunkleyj/motion.htm

Regards,
Bob

"Dan Moos" wrote in message
No; I don't want the joystick position, you are right that, that is

easy
get. It is the horizon as calculated by the simulator program that I

want
the
coordinates of. In other words, the pitch and the roll of the

airplane.
You
know of course that they don't exactly follow the joystick commands,

depending
on how close you are to stalling, etc.
tom

No **** Dick Tracy, do you know what rudders are?

Mr. "Dashi", are you a troll or an ass? Control inputs would not be enough
to simulate motion. I'd suggest that you try it in an actual aircraft, but
you'd waste a perfectly good airplane whilst killing yourself.

And what part of the orginal poster's reply deserved your cutting

response?
I garauntee that every reasonable person who read what you wrote thinks
you're a moron right now.

By the way, your original reponse suggesting using control inputs to

trigger
the motion, while flawed, would not have merited the kind of response I'm
giving now. Sure, you were wrong, but until the second post, you were

civil.

But now your true colors are revealed.