Old October 19th 09, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
jan olieslagers[_2_]

Default an interesting in flight experiment

John Clear schreef:
In article ,
jan olieslagers wrote:
Ross schreef:
I ... squawked the aircraft upon landing.

Ross, what do you mean by "squawking a plane upon landing?"
I only know the verb in a transponder context.

Squawk in this usage is a maintenance issue. In the US, it is
common for a plane to have a 'squawk sheet' aka maintenance log
that pilots can note issues on.

Thank you, Sir, it is nice to learn some little thing every day.

If the transponder wasn't working, you'd squawk it for not squawking.

};-)

Isn't English fun?

Not bad, but I'll bet you never tried or even tasted French!
KA