Old September 19th 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default ATP wants a single engine add on

61.31 plus 61.39
c) A person is not required to comply with the provisions of
paragraph (a)(6) of this section if that person:
(1) Holds a foreign-pilot license issued by a contracting
State to the Convention on International Civil Aviation that
authorizes at least the pilot privileges of the airman
certificate sought;

(2) Is applying for a type rating only, or a class rating
with an associated type rating; or

(3) Is applying for an airline transport pilot certificate
or an additional rating to an airline transport pilot
certificate in an aircraft that does not require an aircraft
type rating practical test.

(d) If all increments of the practical test for a
certificate or rating are not completed on one date, all
remaining increments of the test must be satisfactorily
completed not more than 60 calendar days after the date on
which the applicant began the test.

(e) If all increments of the practical test for a
certificate or a rating are not satisfactorily completed
within 60 calendar days after the date on which the
applicant began the test, the applicant must retake the
entire practical test, including those increments
satisfactorily completed.

[Doc. No. 25910, 62 FR 16298, Apr. 4, 1997; Amdt. 61-103, 62
FR 40897, July 30, 1997, as amended by Amdt. 61-104, 63 FR
20286, Apr. 23, 1998]

ande 61.63.

To add a SEL or SES rating as an ATP is much easier.

"Emily" wrote in message
. ..
| Jim Macklin wrote:
| The CLT multi-commercial should have been surrendered,
do
| they both have the same number and name. Have you
checked
| on the FAA web site for his official ratings?
|
| He's opted out (or he's lying about being a pilot, but
I've seen him
| walk off a commercial jet in uniform and with ID, so I'm
guessing he's
| opted out).
|
| I'm guessing that when he got his ATP, he should have
surrendered his
| commercial but didn't for some reason. I have a feeling
it has to do
| with his military experience.
|
| So let me get this straight, if he adds on to the
commercial (which I
| don't think he can do, since he shouldn't have one) it
requires the
| training and signoffs, but if he adds on to the ATP, it
doesn't? Can
| you point in me in the right direction for added on ATP
ratings?