Old May 9th 05, 08:40 PM
john smith

The National Museum of the United States Air Force

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/

Read all about it.
The closest airport to fly into via GA is Springfield (KSGH).
They have a shuttle or crew car available (I don't recall which).
Don't miss Hoffman's Prairie.

http://www.nps.gov/daav/home.htm

Jim Burns wrote:
I've always had the Wright Patterson Air Force Museum at Dayton, OH on my
list of places to fly. We'd probably fly into KDAY and grab a crew car if
available.

Can any members of the group that are familiar with the museum give me a
pirep? We'll only have one day to visit and would like to hit all the
highlights, skip any lowlights, and leave our kids with a yearning to
return.