Old January 31st 08, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

Default Plane 172 fun video

wrote

A: Shucks Jim!

A: I been in my rear windowless Slowdowner so long, that here I thought
that was the whiskey compass on the glareshield.

M: More annoying lack of marks.

M: Aw, don't worry; that one probably got broken off, from students (or
instructors) trying to check their makeup. g

A: Is that the new fangled rear view mirrors of these new fancy dancy
NEWER model Cessnas. Where is the reverse selection for backing up?

M: That would be the "Flintsone Airplane" option. You know, stick your
feet out the bottom, and beat feet!

It will work. I have experience with the "Flintsone Motorcycle" version.
I broke a clutch cable several miles from home, in the city. Coming up to a
stop light, I would pop it into neutral, with no clutch, of course. When
the light turned red, I would beat feet to get it rolling as fast as I
could, and with enough speed, it would not stall when I slammed it into
first gear.

Although it would involve cutting a hole in the bottom of your airplane, it
would make stopping in cases of brake failure possible, and make your
backing up an easy affair. Look, I have invented a new safety feature!

I won't even charge you for using my patent pending, or for the paperwork to
modify your plane! ;-)
--
Jim in NC