Old April 26th 04, 12:36 AM
Bartscher

Speaking of renter's insurance, has anyone had any luck in getting renter's
insurance that covers multi-engine aircraft?

I have a renter's insurance policy with Avemco that covers single engine, but
apparently they will not write policies on multi-engine aircraft for renters
(only owners).

I'd like to get coverage before I start renting to get my multi. I currently
have 500 hours, instrument, and commercial for single engine (if that matters).

It appears that the insurance companies are trying to take twins out of the air
(I recently heard that the minimums for giving dual on one local twin were 300
hours of dual given in a twin + some additional amount of twin time that I
can't recall). Pretty soon nobody will be able to give instruction in or rent
one...

Eric Bartsch