Old December 30th 05, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Cessna air vents

George Patterson wrote:

Matt wrote:

Hello everyone. It's getting a little chilly around here now; I have
seen the "ventubes" that are being sold for $75 apiece. Has anyone
simply taped over the inlet in the wing root?

I've seen some people use duct tape for this. It tends to leave a
residue that's difficult to get off later, but it works. Other people
stuff foam rubber plugs in the holes.

Both of these techniques leave you with one problem. The OAT gauge is in
one of those vents. Plug the vent, the gauge reads high once the cabin
warms up.

Yes, and given how easy it is to fix the vents properly, I've always
wondered why folks wanted to kludge it.

Matt