Old April 30th 17, 05:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Cheap Glider Trailer Refinish

I have an alluminum "cigar tube" trailer for my Glasflugel Libelle. Over the past 5 years the previous owner has left it outside in the Texas sun and weather which has resulted in some chips of paint starting to fall off and some algae growing on the paint. (By the way, it rigs great and is structurally sound and the inside is nice, just thought I was bashing my glider trailer too much, I really do love it!)

I'm 16 and still in highschool so I don't have money to shell out at any given time..

I'm going to keep it the way it is for this soaring season but sometime after this season I am going to repaint it.

Suggestions for stripping the old paint and putting a new coat of white paint on?

I'm not looking for 30+ years of guaranteed paint durability because I know that will just result in $$$ I don't have. Just lookin. for something that will look good for at least a few years. The trailer now sits under the shade if it's not out because i'm 5,000 feet above it.