Old June 29th 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]

Default Passed an Eclipse jet yesterday

Flying opposite direction, of course.

I was flying on the Dallas side of the metroplex not too far from KADS. The
TRACON called out the traffic and the plane was so small and moving so fast
it was impossible to see until we were quite close. We passed about 1 mile
or less off each other's right wing, level with us. I wish they would paint
them with brighter colors.

I guess they have about 200 of them flying according to the Eclipse web
site. Thiis makes the second time I've seen one flying around the Dallas
area. It seems like I read somewhere the fractional and air taxi operations
are buying up most of the initial orders.