Old March 10th 11, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Microphones

On 3/10/2011 8:22 AM, Paul Tribe wrote:

Certainly I was taught to enter and egress a glider from the left
also, although no explanation was give as to why this was the
case - it was just "what you did". I learnt in K21s that have
transversely hinged canopies, but the microphone is on the right
too.

I enter and leave my glider from the "low" side - that's the side with
the wing on the ground; otherwise, it's a noticeably higher sill to
crawl over on my ASH 26 E. The boom microphone is easily pushed to the
side of the cockpit.

I think I'd like a panel mounted directional mike because I wouldn't
have to make an effort to put my mouth close to the boom mike while I'm
looking around for clouds and traffic, and while trying to coordinate a
photo shoot with another glider.

email me)

- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation Mar/2004" Much of what
you need to know tinyurl.com/yfs7tnz