Old April 20th 05, 06:44 PM
RST Engineering

When avgas was 50 cents a gallon, that was the operative solution. I
generated a series of spreadsheets that tells me for any given head/tail
wind what the optimum miles per gallon power setting is and I fly that
fairly religeously. It isn't in my pocketbook to fly any other way.

Jim

Wanna plan on a convoy from the left coast to IOW that weekend? The 182
has a hard time meeting 110 knots TAS, but we can certainly make some
arrangements.

/snip/

Good Gawd, Jim! Try positioning that black knob further towards the
*front* of the aircraft! You might be amazed...