Old June 13th 06, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default AA Engine failure at LAX...

"Robert M. Gary" wrote

Actually, I don't think it was an engine failure in the sense that
might be implied. I believe maintenance was running the engine up after
maintenance and something wasn't connected correctly in the fuel line
and a fire start.

Look more closely.

The fire probably didn't start until......
a hot engine part sliced through a fuel line at several hundred miles per
hour, from an uncontained catastrophic engine failure.

In layman's terms, the engine came apart, in a big way! g

You can see slices in the wing and fuselage, with engine blades still
sticking out of some of them.
--
Jim in NC