Old June 22nd 13, 08:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

Default What is the most popular aircraft in major airlines,so i can getmy CPL with it?

You'll be getting your CPL in a light plane with retractable gear, flaps, controllable pitch prop, and one or two other parameters I forgot about...that was a long time ago!

I used a late-60s Piper Arrow with "Hershey-bar" wings. It was a fine airplane & I flew all over Texas in it during my commercial time-building, but it had the glide ratio of a sack of bricks.

I got stuck out in East Texas with a 2 friends, none of whom were in my school's flight program, a BIG "no-no" at the time at Navarro College. A mechanic looked at it & concluded the gear in the starter wasn't popping out to meet the big gear which spun the prop (hey, I'm an A&P but I don't work on small planes so don't laugh at my terminology!). This mechanic said he would try to hand prop the Arrow but "only with a little convincing" since it was a big engine & wouldn't be easy. I gave the guy $50 & he got me out of GIlmer, Tx so I wouldn't get in trouble. I arrived back in the wee hours so as not to get busted at school. However, the next time I went to the pilot center the first words out of my instructor's mouth were "who was with you when you took off in the Arrow the other day?!" BUSTED! My instructor and the flight school director has watched me load my friends and take off with binoculars! I thought I was hidden well enough at the small airport's far end next to another building, but these two were staked out in another school airplane on the ramp since it was suspected I had been taking up unauthorized passengers. Oh, flight school memories! Sorry for the long, off-topic memory-trip!