Old October 20th 18, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Cheaper tows?

That was a Grumman Ag-Cat, probably built by Schweizer, not an Ag
Wagon.Â* I towed behind it at Parowan during our first soaring safari
with my partner in our LS-6a.Â* This was before we started doing safaris
with a 1,000' rope and my truck or his car.Â* I also towed behind their
Eagle DW.1 biplane.Â* It had long, slender, tapered wings.Â* Reminded me
of a Discus.

On 10/19/2018 8:58 PM, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Back in the early 2000's Parowan had a 600 HP BiPlane Ag wagon. I took a few tows in my 1958 KA6CR with that thing. Wild man JC Hutchcorne would get me to Pattern altitude before the first taxiway and often at 2000' by the end of the airstrip with a little wind. Probably burned fuel like crazy but the time under full power was very short. It seemed the tow angle was about 30 degrees, up.

--
Dan, 5J