Old October 18th 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tony Cox

Default Death Valley

"gt" wrote in message
oups.com...
"Pilot Getaways" magazine made reference to a landing strip in Death
Valley. I can't find it on my charts. The name is "Chicken Strip" and
is within the park boundries. Does anyone have information on this
strip?

It's in Saline Valley, the next valley over to the west. I think
it isn't serviceable since the Park service took over from
the BLM. I've seen people land there. It gets its name from
the impossibility of doing a go-around. I cant find it in the
"Abandoned & Little-known airfields".

It was/is used for access to the hot springs in Saline Valley, but
I've not been there for 10 years.