View Single Post
Old November 29th 17, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud
external usenet poster

Default LX S80 or ERA 80?

A little off point, but I fly with an LXNav 90XX with V80 (not the stand alone S80). I have had very good factory support, the combination is highly programable to fit your needs, or wants. I have also had an occasion to ask LX Navigation for information and they were extremely prompt in replying, with much information. Bottom line is both companies and instruments are top shelf with very good factory support. I do not think you will be disappointed whichever you choose.

On Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at 7:15:58 AM UTC-8, wrote:
I agree about the S80- Nice unit! I've been using it with the stick controller, and I highly recommend it over the panel buttons and knobs. Setup is also key, as there are more features than I need. I have complained about the manual to LXNAV, and apparently, they finally did something about it. Just downloaded Version 6.01 (October 2017), but haven't looked at it yet. The previous version (5.46) was unchanged from the time I bought the S80 until this latest edition, even though the software went through several upgrades. I guess documentation in the software industry hasn't changed much over the years since I got out of it. It still lags way behind the product and is written by people who developed the software. They know it intimately, but can't communicate it to users very well.