Old November 1st 09, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
MarkyGA

Default Marines / Coast Guard mishap

I just read on an aviation blog that one or more of the pilots were wearing
night goggles, which makes it hard to see other traffic in the area. So
lemme ask this question... shouldn't at least ONE of the other crew members
NOT be wearing night goggles??

How many of you pilots out there have been asked to act as a safety pilot
for another pilot flying under the hood? When I was asked to do it, I knew
that it was up to me to make DARN SURE that there was no other traffic in
the vicinity. Our very lives depended on it. The thought of wearing anything
that would impede my vision was unthinkable.

"Robert Moore" wrote in message
5.247...
(MarkyGA) wrote

Point well taken. Unfortunately, my dork 16 year-old nephew changed my
settings. Sorry. (BTW, I use
to detract spammers.)

Back to the topic... As a naval aviator, what's your take on the crash?

ATC is not involved in low level over water searches. They MAY not have
known that the helicopters were in the area and their visual focus was on
the water surface looking for the missing boater.

No former Naval Aviator worries the least bit about SPAM.

Bob Moore