Old May 5th 16, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Solar Impulse II Makes California

Vaughn Simon wrote:
On 5/4/2016 1:03 PM, wrote:
Follow that open ended pipe back a bit; see the catalytic converter?

Follow back a bit more; see all the crap to reduce emmisions?

Ever looked under the hood of a car from the 50's?

In the LA area, air concentrations of volatile organic compounds declined
by a factor of 50 between 1962 and 2012. Nitrous oxides and ozone declined
by 70% to 80% over the same period of time.

As for "dump our trash", dairy farms now get fined for spilling milk.

Along with you, I applaud the progress that has been made in the past.
That said, wave your arms all you want, talk about spilled milk all you
want, the fact will remain that vehicle emissions are a major
contributor to air pollution.

That depends on what air pollution you are talking about; 80% of volatile
organic compounds in the US, which combine with NO2 in the presense of
sunlight to produce smog, come from biological sources, e.g. trees.

If you are talking just about air pollutants generated by humans, all
transportation, cars, trucks, ships, airplanes, etc., accounts for 27%.

--
Jim Pennino