Old August 3rd 03, 03:01 PM
Dr Bach

Default Jet In a Junkyard

I recently drove home from Washington DC to Dayton Ohio. I decided to
take the senic route. I came west on 68 to 7 in West Virginia and near
the intersection of 7 and 250 ( town of black field maybe.. or Black
burn? ,, black something...)there is an early jet of some kind
(appears to be pretty much all there) up on a pole in front of a small
(and back woodsy)auto wrecking yard. I drove right past, with my
Digital camera in the seat behind me, without stopping to take
pictures and now I'm kicking myself! I'm not sure of the type I know
it was not a P-80 and I'm pretty sure it was not an F-86.. Had
straight exhaust out the back and a Air-intake like an F-86... I'll go
to the Airforce Museum on Monday to see if I can Identify the Plane ..
Has anyone else ever seen this?

Dr Bach