Old July 20th 06, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Testing the Testing of Mogas

Assuming this doesn't already exist, I think it's only a matter of time
before you can buy a fuel testing kit that is either just strips you dip
into a fuel sample, or drops you drip into a fuel sample, and which tells
you with a change of color whether there is ethanol or not in the fuel.
Either the water mixing OR the Alka-Seltzer just seems too unwieldy to me to
be practical in the long run.

Yeah, the ultimate would be a kit not unlike our pool-testing kit at
the hotel. Dip a little bit of litmus paper (or whatever it's called)
into the gas, and watch for a color change.

Invent one, Edison!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck