Old August 6th 07, 05:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark T. Dame

Default Meigs Field Today

Jay Honeck wrote:

It is so hard to view that picture. Meigs was *SO* cool, and such a
great place to land, I just want to cry when I see what King Daley
hath wrought.

I was fortunate enough to have one trip into Meigs in November of 2001.
I had my passenger take a few pictures as we made the approach, but it
was just about sunset and it was a bumpy approach, so the photos didn't
really turn out. I was hoping to get another opportunity to take some
better pictures...

The fact that Daley got away with what he did really sets a bad
precedent that should scare every pilot whose airport is under attack
(which seems to be more and more every day).

-m
--
## Mark T. Dame
## CP-ASEL-IA, CFI-A, AGI