Old March 18th 08, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Landing on one wheel

Ol Shy & Bashful wrote:
This is fun stiring the pot! OK ...how many of you practice doing a
one wheel touch and go from time to time. And I don't mean by
accident.
I did it all the time with tailwheel students, and still do it with
students in 172's. We frequently get winds that are 15 G25 90 to the
runway and topography that makes the winds squirrly as hell on the
west end. Learning good crosswind techniques are vital.
I recognize different techniques are needed for different aircraft
with wing clearance, etc but I still did them with lots of different
low wing aircraft like Piper Pawnee, Cessna Ag Husky, Ag Cat,
Stearman, Thrush and so on.
Ol S&B

Well, I always use the slip approach method so if whatever it takes
to stay on the center line results in a one wheel landing, that's
what happens.

I never considered it to be anything special.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.