Old January 1st 10, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Logajan

Default 2010

Andy wrote:
On Dec 31 2009, 7:05*pm, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Dec 31, 12:28*am, Vorsanger1 wrote:

To all you glider drivers out the here's wishing you a safe flying
season, and 12+ knot thermals and endless cloud streets at 18,000
feet.

Cheers, *Charles

Or 17,499 feet for us in USA comps !
Best for 2010, Dave "YO electric"

Well I was going to comment on the altitude of the first post but
resisted it.

I'm wishing for streets with bases at 18,500ft. That way I can
maintain legal cloud separation and not get an airspace violation
while running at 17,499ft.

Why not wish for cloud bases at 19,000ft so that you can fly all the way to
17,999ft (at least in U.S. airspace)?

I must be missing something.