Old February 19th 04, 04:05 AM
Geoffrey Sinclair

Jakob Whitfield wrote in message . ..

As the term paper for my Systems Engineering option, I want to do a
systems comparison between Fighter Command, the Jagdwaffe, and the
Nachtjagd C^3 systems. I've been able to find a loads on Fighter
Command, but precious little on the German side that gives command
structure and organisational data. Most of the references I've got
concentrate on the aircraft used, rather than C^3. Could anyone make
any useful suggestions for books, papers, journal articles etc. that I
could use to research this?

Apart from the other books mentioned,

Day and Night Aerial Warfare over the Reich 1943-44 by
Generalleutenant Josef Schmid, he was in command at the time,
published in 1954.

Title: Fighting the bombers : the Luftwaffe's struggle against the Allied
bomber offensive / by Josef Kammhuber ... [et al.] ; edited by David
C. Isby. Publisher: London : Greenhill, 2003.

Title: Germany and the Second World War / edited by the Militärgeschichtliches
Forschungsamt (Research Institute for Military History).
Publisher/Date: Oxford : Clarendon Press ; New York : Oxford University Press,

The various articles on the air defences.

There would also be the post war interrogations.

Geoffrey Sinclair
Remove the nb for email.