Old May 16th 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Tie Down Trouble

A bit different having 50 lb in the luggage compartment and 30 lb with an
8-foot moment arm. It would be really interesting to do a w&b with that
tire (tyre) on the tail.

"Bob Moore" wrote in message
. 121...

I insisted that we keep 40-50 lbs tied down in the baggage compartment,
it made landings so much better. It wasn't long after the owner and
his brother obtained their certificates that the weight came out and
the nosegear and prop came off.

That tiedown weight probably made it fly just about right. :-)

Bob Moore