Old August 6th 13, 06:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default IS-28B2 Twin Lark - Service Life Extension Program

Do you mind if I ask the price of one of these larks? Approximately? I am looking at an IS-30 (as far as I have read, minor upgraded IS-28 with metal over the metal frame) but I have no comparables for price. Thanks!

On Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:22:03 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:56:53 AM UTC-4, wrote:

Can anyone tell me more about the life limits and any required inspections if the glider is already certified as experimental and is older than 35 years old? Is anyone operating a IS28B2 under these circumstances?

My recently dissolved club in Canada has two IS28B2's. 4 members purchased one and have transferred into "owner maintained" status which is similar to the US experimental category. Once an aircraft goes into this category it cannot be taken out or owned by a commercial operation. The second still has 2 years left on the life and I am hoping the issues with the 35 year extension will be resolved. I too received promising emails from the company last year but that email address no longer functions.