Old July 8th 14, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default ARC RT-359A connections

On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 4:04:33 AM UTC-6, Lars wrote:
Hi guys!

We have an old ARC RT-359A transponder in our Jodel D119. It has been acting up lately and I am thinking about replacing the antenna cable. Question is, what is the connector on the transponder side? The antenna is a regular BNC and the cable is RG58/U so that is pretty standard, but I am too ignorant to identify the connector at the other side. The transponder sits in a tray with a slide-in connector that looks like maybe a C-type male connector without the outer bayonet ring.

Anyone with a clue?

Thanks!

/Lars

I know this is really old news that I found while searching something else, but I sell the connectors/cables with this blind mate connector on ebay--look for seller ID dtmedin. It is a specialized connector made by TED in Kansas City, Missouri, USA. They are a bear to install, and I recommend RG-400 cable, not RG58. Just had a retired gentleman from Linkoping visiting our area!