Old November 8th 17, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams

Default Monerai P Self Launching Sailplane

On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 1:15:42 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Tuesday, August 18, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, marc silverman wrote:
This is not a low time ship or anytime ship.It was not a succesful design.Thats why
you don't see them flying.Don't buy it. Marc Silverman WV

MIKEB1835 wrote:

Can anyone give me some info about the Monerai P. I am a low time glider pilot
who is interested in purchasing one, but need to know about flight
characteristics.
They look nice but how do they fly. It is extremely light in weight, what
does this mean to the pilot. Thanx

This is a great glider I was one of the first to complete building it. it is a sensitive plane fly a 1-26 sail plane will help greatly or do an auto tow the plane does exactly as advertised I flew it for 3 years never had a problem but I did fly similar planes to get used to its characeristics. I urge anyone who has one or planning to buy please contact me at 417-848-5026 this is a great plane the power pod is so-so had some issues with it

len padios

I once saw a capable and skilled pilot fly a monerai as a pure glider. On his first flight in it, I thought his wife and child would be witness to his death, as they were at the airport that day.
he reported later that he could only turn left, and could only fly it level with full side stick right.
I think the price (cheap) was the draw for him.
He was very lucky to survive.
YMMV
Scott.