Old February 27th 04, 10:48 PM
Dean Wilkinson

In fact, the controller has not even been killed until the police finish
their report, right Stefan?

LOL, very funny C.J.

Now, just so nobody misunderstands me, just because I believe that the
controller made a mistake, I do not believe that the controller
deserved to be stabbed to death. I also believe that the Captain of
the Russian flight made a mistake as well, and he should have listened
to his first officer who kept pointing out that the TCAS system said
climb.

The controller was put in a difficult situation by his employer,
Skyguide. The Russians could benefit from better training in the TCAS
system and better Crew Resource Management.

I think that this case is a good example of why privatizing air
traffic control in the U.S.A. is a bad idea. When safety takes a back
seat to cost controls and profit margins, people die.

Dean Wilkinson

"C J Campbell" wrote in message ...
"Stefan" wrote in message
Dean Wilkinson wrote:

Nope, never said such a thing. All I said was that it was clear that
the controller had screwed up... do you dispute that?

Yes. Nothing is clear before I've read the full report.