Old June 19th 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
George Graham

Default x-plane installation

After reading the great article in EAA Mag about the X-Plane flight
simulator, I went online and bought a copy. I installed it and the
scenery disk per instructions, even logged into the online help and
downloaded the Cozy IV airplane. I can fly it from my home airport
(ksrq) in Florida. I have made great progress for my age, with a very
complicated piece of software.

But I have very basic questions still unanswered, so I'm hoping that
one of you can help me out. I have version 8.60

1. Do I have to leave the DVD in the drive always ? It goes into
demo mode if it is not found in the drive.

2. Which scenery files do I need to fly locally ? What I see is very
poor.

3. How can I obtain an instruction manual ?

4. Is there a better way to find answers ?

Thank you very much,

George