Old January 21st 07, 02:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron

Default Air Pressure Switch for Hour Meter

Good idea! As I don't know how to calculated this, to get me in the
ballpark do you know/remember the pressure at 40 mph?

Ron

"Marc J. Zeitlin" wrote in message
NEW-USER wrote:

Hello all, can somebody suggest a good place to get an air pressure
switch to hook into the Pieto line of an aircraft which will then in turn
operate the hourmeter when the aircraft is flying.

I used a switch in the pitot line for exactly this purpose. Go to
"www.digikey.com" and search for "pressure switch". Determine what speed
you want the switch to come on at (I chose 40 mph) and then determine what
pressure will be created at that speed and choose the appropriate switch.
I don't remember which one I used.

--
Marc J. Zeitlin
http://www.cozybuilders.org/