Old October 7th 09, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Tom De Moor

Default Avid flyer

In article ,
says...

now speaking as a taildragger pilot myself it would be far better if
you polished those stainless steel testicles of yours and went and got
a taildragger endorsement.

But, Sir, there is no tailwheel endorsement in Belgium...

Nobody who want to teach TD either: I went to France to get the -in my
eyes necessary- training and even there they would no allow TD-flying
when there was more than 5 knots crosswind-component.

No 5 knots cross means that our flying will be restricted to about 15
days a year.

you'll never regret mastering the change back to real aeroplanes.
they are lighter, they have less drag, and no matter the swagger of
the milkstool pilot you'll be way cooler.(you wont even need raybans
to look cooler)

Nobody argues about the 'cool'-factor but insurances have no 'coolness'-
factor: they charge significantly more for a TD than tricycle. Sadly
they do that for a valid reason.

As for stainless balls: no need for them in a plane. Sounds bad for
weight and balance.

Just my 2 (euro-)cents,

Tom De Moor (as Jan living near Brussels, Belgium)