Old April 27th 18, 08:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Gibbons[_2_]

Default GliderLink - New team soaring app for airborne location sharing

Just for an addional data point, Texas Soaring Association has
PowerFlarm in all 10 club gliders and 3 Pawnee towplanes. Plus an
additional 24 PowerFlarm units in privately owned gliders on the
field.

Bob

On Fri, 27 Apr 2018 07:01:44 -0700 (PDT), "kirk.stant"
wrote:

.... text deleted

Ok, fair point - I'll amend my comment to "because in the US only XC and racers have Flarm". Sure, some school/commercial operators may have them (Williams?) but the great unwashed are struggling to get radios and audio varios in their trainers, much less Flarm!

PS - I've had a PF in my LS6 since day one - before that I had a PCAS, and if I could carry an APG-82v1 AESA radar with an APX-119 Interrogator I would have one of those, too! I REALLY like knowing what is around me!

Kirk
66