Old February 21st 05, 07:55 PM
Mike Kanze

Jacek,

"personal pods"

Referred to as "blivets" during my day (1969 - 1974). They were not as
frequently used then as in later years, I understand.

The "straight" (non-KA-6D) A-6 had enough space in the Etensible Equipment
Platform (the "birdcage") for the crew's hanging bags of civvies and shaving
kits. The T-2 had enough cube in the nose cone for 3 - 4 cases of Coors
Beer, very popular in the Meridian, MS of the late 1960s when you couldn't
buy it outside of Colorado.

--
Mike Kanze

- Napoleon Bonaparte

wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.fencecheck.com/forums/ind...1009.0;id=9987

A very nice photo, indeed, but could anyone point out what are the pods
attached to the outboard wing stations?

I would guess these are so-called "personal pods" used for ferry
flights, but as far as I remember they should be a bit larger (more
similar in size to an external fuel tank). It may also look like a
7-shot FFAR or 4-shot Zuni launchers, But the caps should be removed
for flight, shouldn't they?

Kind regards,

Jacek Zemlo