Old August 3rd 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Wizard of Draws[_1_]

Default Missing flight plans

On 8/2/06 7:03 PM, in article ,
"Greg Copeland" wrote:

I had a flight plan magically open on me. I had filed three flight plans,
one for each leg of my trip, and had opened and closed two of them. I
couldn't raise FSS on my return leg (flight plan #3) and so was not able
to open it. Shortly after landing I got a call on my cell phone asking if
I had made it to my destination and to inform me I had failed to close my
flight plan from the return trip home.

None of us understood how that happened but the guy on the other end
wasn't too worried about it.

Greg

Some time ago on a cross-country that took me near, not into, Chattanooga's
airspace, I notified them where I was as a courtesy. They gave me a code to
squawk. After I was well clear of their airspace, they told me to resume own
navigation. Fat, dumb and happy, I squawked 1200 and went on to land at my
home base. After I hanging out a bit, the airport manager came up to me and
chewed me out for not closing my flight plan. I guess Chattanooga opened one
for me.
--
Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino

Cartoons with a Touch of Magic