Old November 14th 06, 06:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Dave S

Default NTSB final report on Hendrick crash

The GPS is just not intuitive at all to use and takes way too much
set-up, cross-checking and effort in my opinion. It is amazing how
complicated they made these devices given how simple a typical ILS or
VOR approach is.

Agree 100%. Each vendor seems to have it's own way of doing things too,
making it hard to transition from one to the other. I suppose I'll get
used to them after a few years...

No disrespect intended.. but once you learn how to use one King.. you
can use em all.. the "switchology" is common across the entire product
line. Nav page 1 is the same across the entire line.. Nav page 5 is the
moving map.. Flight Plan 0 is the active flight plan, The VOR page,
Airport page, NDB pages.. they all have similar functions and data
across the entire product line.

Get the manual and sit there on the ground and play with it.. or "take
it home" with take home mode.. Once you have the skills and confidence
to use your box to its full potential you will be amazed at how "easy"
it seems.. or next time you go flying with another pilot.. let them
fly.. and you just mess with the box.. and get used to it.

Its not as pretty as a Garmin GNS or GNX box, but its still pretty capable.

Dave