Old October 7th 03, 06:05 PM
John Morgan

A length of nylon "string trimmer" line may be of use in helping to dislodge
or break up debris from the pitot lines - along with the use of low pressure
air as previously suggested by others. After cutting the nylon, briefly hold
the end to a flame to round over any sharp edges. This will remove any risk
of nicking or cutting the O-rings in the probe fitting. Unfortunately, this
probably won't help at all with the TE or static as those connections, at
least on fittings I've seen, leave the probe socket at right angles.
--
bumper - ZZ
"Dare to be different . . . circle in sink."

"Jack Glendening" wrote in message
nk.net...
Mike Borgelt wrote:
Actually the pitot/static from a dual or triple probe is probably the
best you are going to get on a glider. ...

I thank the expert for clarifying that point.

---