Old October 9th 03, 02:40 AM
Marc Ramsey

"Duane Eisenbeiss" wrote...
Pardon me for changing the subject of this thread, but, I have to ask a
question of your above statement.
The Limitations of the Experimental Certificate on my current sailplane
(Ventus 2 Bx) does not state anything about operating in accordance with
flight/maintenance manuals. Also, I do not remember any such wording in any
of the other "Experimental" sailplanes that I have had in the last 30 years.
Do your Experimental Limitations really have such a requirement? Just
curious.

Here's an example from some Operating Limitations circa 1998:

7. This aircraft shall not be flown unless it is inspected, maintained and
operated in accordance with appropriate technical publications as
follows:

Flight Manual for the ELAN/GLASER-DIRKS, DG-300 ELAN ACRO,
dated 5/92, as revised and the Maintenance Manual for the
ELAN/GLASER-DIRKS, DG-300 ELAN ACRO, dated 5/92, as
revised.

I've owned four experimental gliders over the past 10 years, and they all had
this same basic wording. It is apparently part of the boiler plate Ops Lims in
whatever Advisory Circular the FSDO uses to put these things together...

Marc