Old April 4th 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

Default Wing Covers Pro/Cons

On Apr 4, 11:29 am, "Peter R." wrote:
On 4/4/2007 1:27:41 PM, Dave Butler wrote:

I'd think it would be just like with canopy covers. It doesn't matter
what material the cover is made from, if there is dirt on the plane,
it's going to scratch when the cover moves.

Exactly the explanation I was given.

--
Peter

Yep. I'm pretty anal about not allowing the inside of the cover to
touch anything other than the plane. You want to handle the cover
pretty carefully and make sure you fold it so the inside material is
not exposed. The material is soft but would probably hold some hard
silicon (i.e. dirt) pretty well.

-Robert