Old June 7th 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

Default Gasohol

"Dave" wrote in message oups.com...
Well, we've been down this road before, back when the Alky test first
came on the scene. Some chemist here ended up concluding that the
test was valid, but I'm always open to hearing other thoughts on the
matter.

If the danged test DIDN'T work, that could ruin my whole day...

Just to satisfy my curiosity, I did the Alka Seltzer test on a sample
of Regular Unleaded (87 Octane) - the stuff I put in my lawn mowers.
No fizz. I buy it at
the pumps of a local supermarket chain in North Carolina. Dunno where
the State stands on Gasohol, but I don't see any Alcohol Notification
Stickers there (the pumps at some other local gas stations have
stickers stating that the gas MAY contain alcohol)

David Johnson

There is no requirement for any gas station nationwide to put any notification on their pumps. Only some very few states
have tried to add the notification.

Try the 'water to the line' test when you have a chance...