Old December 5th 17, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default DG 100 canopy?

On Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at 10:03:13 AM UTC-8, Pete wrote:
Hi all,
I'm looking for a DG 100 canopy used or new in the USA. I thought I would try here as this Group also helped me find the glider that needs the canopy.
It's old, scratched, and poorly installed. There's a lot of excess "goop" around the frame. Seems like new one would be best. I know it may cost me as much as the glider costs though!

I understand I can contact DG, but it will be $6,000+ for the canopy and another $500 for the service contract and then $400 annually.
I've avoided it since 2013, hopefully going to continue....

This hated service contract has effectively devalued most used DG and LS gliders. Check it out BEFORE you buy any of any DG or LS glider so that you aren't unpleasantly surprised when you need some minor spare part.

Tom