Old August 24th 03, 12:36 AM
Boudewijn van Ingen

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 11:34:19 +0100, Kevin Reilly
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 Neil E. Baird wrote:

I don't know whats going on. I must have covered every inch of that island
and still cant find those statues. I cranked up all the settings as high as
they go.

That may be part of the problem. With all settings full I couldn't have
found those heads if they'd been jumping up and down and waving at me.
They blend in too well with the terrain textures and especially the
autogen trees.

Yes, I guess I should have been more specific about this. The real
"Isla de Pascua" (a quite literal translation of "Easter Island")
apparently does not have many trees, as I learned here, just like you
do now.. ;-)

Try turning autogen off, leave other scenery settings on high, then drop
terrain specs (mesh detail, texture size etc.) to minimum. Now fly
SLOWLY around the coast. Once you spot a head you can crank the details
back up.

Alternatively, go to the coordinates in the screen shot:

http://www.denali.org.uk/fs2004/easter.jpg

Indeed, from the runway, you could even taxi to some statues,
following the 'roads'. If you go northeast from the tower, starting a
clockwise tour around the island, you'll find groups of statues every
mile or so.

--
Groeten,
Boudewijn.