Old October 17th 19, 01:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default A Different Battery Question

Yes, that's good advice.Â* I was hoping to not have to remove the rear
console where the switches are located to do the troubleshooting.

Oh well, soaring season is coming to an end and wave season is not yet
in full swing.Â* I guess I'll need something to do in the interim.

On 10/16/2019 12:09 PM, wrote:
How about divide and conquer?

Get the system in the condition you saw with more volts at the battery than the clearnav. (Maybe disconnect the batt and make sure the clearnav powers down just to make sure you have what you think you have.)

Split the path in half by measuring the voltage drop between the battery + terminal and the clearnav +power in. Then the batt- to clearnav power-.

Choose which part of the path has most of the voltage drop and pick an accessable point in the middle. Measure the two halves.

Then repeat with smaller and smaller parts of the path until you have found it.

--
Dan, 5J