Old October 18th 19, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Kinnaman

Default ?s Towing Cross Country

At 23:30 17 October 2019, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Thursday, October 17, 2019 at 4:00:07 PM UTC-6, Chris Kinnaman wrote:
Hello all,
I'm getting ready to tow a glider from central Illinois to the

southwest.
Does anyone have any suggestions for motels that allow easy access &
parking for a tow vehicle w/glider trailer in the Springfield MO area

or
thereabouts?
Thanks in advance,
Chris

I've found room at most motels except downtown locations where I've had

=
park on the street a couple of times. Pasadena, CA, required

neighborhood
=
parking, for example. Also all of the motels that were on
motel/restaurant=
strips had room for park overnight. Quite a cluster of about 20 motels
of=
f I-44 in NE Springfield, range of prices and amenities. =20

I recommend stopping early and starting early and driving mostly by
dayligh=
t. There are a lot of deer out there at night.

Not quite winter yet, but the I70 and I40 corridors are more prone to ice
s=
torms than further north or south. Much prefer snow to ice and two-lane
hi=
ghways over Interstates in 'weather' during winter travel.

Have a safe trip.

Just my $.02,

Frank Whiteley

Thanks Frank. I've done this drive about every other year, summer and
winter, since 2002. But never towing, so that aspect was not even on my
radar. I guess I'll probably use my La Quinta perks accumulated from
staying there when I was traveling with my dog...
Chris