Old February 20th 14, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc

Default Anyone know what happened to Sky Life Flying Camp?

I am that 1969-70 early flight instructor (Dan McLaughlin) who was the cover for the Sky-Life literature. My private pilot picture was the model for the logo. I joined the club at 14 and left at 21 prior to the 1971 camp. I flew in the Navy and am retiring from a major airline this year after 35 years.
Lee was a great flight instructor but a manipulative predator who, in hindsight, abused his position of trust and power as our mentor.
During the early years, at least, a don't think any of his victims knew that others existed. He would flatter, plead, guilt-trip, threaten, lavish gifts upon those he targeted. His abuse went on way too long; but I, for one, was just glad to finally escape and start a new life free of his influence.