Old July 14th 03, 12:17 AM
Jerry Guy

I recently purchased one as an upgrade to my vxa-150.
I haven't used it much yet, and not at all in the a/c.
Briefly, it's small. Audio from the speaker is about the same as my old
vxa-150, that is NOT as good as the Icom. (IMHO) Sounds 'tinny'.
Lots of user memory available, many scan functions.
Li-ion battery expensive, and the alkaline pack works on recieve only.
Comes with charger and headset adapter.
If you have any specific questions feel free to email me.

Jerry

EGWW wrote:
Im considering buying the new Vertex Standard 700 and would appreciate informed
opinions on the radio based on owners experience
thanks Jim.