Old January 14th 04, 07:32 PM
David Brooks

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:mK3Nb.54188$8H.102796@attbi_s03...
http://alexisparkinn.com/fly-in_aviation_museums.htm

I think this list of fly-in museums is by far the most useful I've

found --
thanks for helping to create it, folks! Please check it over for

accuracy,
and submit any additions/corrections you may find to me at

Great work, Jay!

Personally, I plan on frequenting those aviation museums that open their
front (or back) doors to the very people who make airplanes a part of

their
lives -- we pilots. It's a terrible irony that so many aviation museums
keep the runway-side doors locked, and I plan on using this list to help

put
money in the pockets of those curators who are enlightened enough to

welcome
us with open hangar doors!

You didn't exxplicitly call out the Seattle Museum Of Flight in this
respect, but having to enter on the street (west) side is a temporary
affliction while they renew the East entrance.

However, I don't know the plans for providing access from the ramps once
they do re-open. Right now, the east side parking lot (cars and Concorde) is
fenced in.

-- David Brooks