Old October 6th 07, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.products
James M. Knox

Default L3 (BFGoodrich) WX1000+ Stormscope wiring

"Kyprianos Biris" wrote in
:

Does anyone have the L3 (ex BFGoodrich) WX1000+ Stormscope wiring
(circuit) diagram or
something of this sort with which an avionics expert can inspect the
unit ?

I have a friend, very good in avionics works and I need him to
investigate why our stromscope gets intermittent power supply
resulting in the unit's multiple reboots. It is not related to the
electrics bus bar supply. Its internal and as soon as the aircraft
moves arround (turbulence etc.) the unit reboots to the intro. menu.

That sounds like simply a bad connection... PROBABLY either in the ground
or power circuit. Note that this might not be external to the unit - it
could be an internal bad connection. I'd start by turning the thing on, on
the ground with the engine off. Have one person watch the screen, while
the smaller person crawls under the dash and starts thumping and tugging on
the unit and on wires. It's a LOT easier if you can reproduce the problem
on the ground!!!

James M. Knox
TriSoft ph 512-385-0316
1300 Koenig Lane West fax 512-371-5716