Old April 5th 18, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Club Procedures for Late Day XC Flights

In years past on any given day in Prescott I would be the last one out and come back to an empty field. Not much of an issue as I have always flown with a Spot tracker and my significant other would be watching at home. But more recently we have grown the xc contingent and few hang around till I get back (Im still usually last) for post flight debriefing and disassembly. The radio in our winch can be heard and recieve up to 50 miles away and if I hear them shutting down Ill Ill call and update my position and ETA back. Cold beer in the cooler helps keep people there longer too